Thursday, January 10, 2008

Today I was that guy

Somehow, I managed to enter both of my math classes into my organizer one hour early. So this morning I woke up too early, ate too fast and then sat in the wrong class for 10 minutes until it dawned on me that I was in wrong place. In my defense, it was before the instructor passed out the usual first day pile of paperwork.

For all of the classes that I've taken over the years, this is the first time that I've been the schmuck that asked "Is this... ?" and gathered his stuff and shuffled out of the classroom. Until today I've always been the one staring at the schmuck's back thinking "How could he not know where his classes are?"

Back when I was studying for my paramedic ticket we used to get real estate students in our lectures all the time. Our classes were taught in lecture halls used by a nursing school during the day. At night they would teach extension courses to include paramedics, real estate and a bunch of other stuff. Every semester we'd get at least one aspiring real estate agent in the big lecture hall. They were easy to pick out... no coffee cup... didn't smell faintly of hand sanitizer and smoke... and they were wearing more than $40 worth of clothes.

No comments: