Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Still haven't hit a rythm yet

I have both Saturday and Sunday off this weekend and I'm planning on doing some quality time in the books. Sadly, I have the attention span of a ferret on crack so I generally need to go to the library in order to be able to focus.

Current status report:

Geology: idling. No assignments due this month.
Algebra: progress. The current stuff is warm up and I'm handling it.
Statistics: dunno. It's all been definitions so far. Friday is lab, so I'll know more then.
Chemistry: rusty but okay. All of the material is a repeat of material I've had before.

Chemistry is the most interesting course by way of class dynamics. We had a very simple lab tonight. We had to find the density of a block of wood. So we had to measure and weigh the block of wood and do some division. Not a big deal. We had students that took over an hour to measure and weigh a little block of wood. We had students who could not make conversions from one measuring unit to another. These folks weren't hollering questions, they were sitting at their lab benches with blank looks on their faces. Needless to say they're not all going to be there at the end of the semester.

Oh, and the "I'm a genius" guy hasn't been showing up to lectures. I'll bet even money he's still registered for the course and this is exactly how he failed it last semester.

No comments: